09 February 2006

An epiphany and a clarification:

I have solved the mystery about which I wrote yesterday. Within minutes of posting yesterday, I had seven hits to this blog. I suppose that there are those watching the list of "recently updated blogs" at blogger.com. Some of those must have been intrigued by the name of this blog and clicked to investigate. What frightens me is that these people might have been twisted souls who wanted to see just how flexible I am and in what way. Thus, a vocabulary lesson--
A generalist is defined as either:
a) a modern scholar who is in a position to acquire more than superficial knowledge about many different interest; or
b) a species that is able to exploit a variety of resources such as diverse prey items or habitats.
I leave it to you to judge which I am. I hope that I am the former. In academia, a "flexible generalist" is a scholar who can teach a wide variety of subject within his or her general area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home