13 March 2006

The only thing that I hate about teaching...

... is the grading. Today I am sitting in the living room with a HUGE stack of midterm exams. I need to get them all graded this week, since the last day to drop is coming up next week. I think that it's only fair that students have an accurate measurement of their progress before the drop deadline. I know what some of you are thinking-- "Quit blogging and get back to grading!" I will, but I DO need an occasional break.

I wish that I knew a way to evaluate the understanding of literature other than essays! This is the only time that I envy math teachers. I would love the ability to use Scantron sheets! I just don't know how to make multiple-choice literature exams. If the main objective were literal comprehension of the texts, that might be feasible, but I am going to a deeper level of learning. If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home