14 February 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is a fascinating thing to observe the attitudes of college students on Valentine's Day. They either love the day and despise it. This mostly seems to do with the status of their love life. I tell them (and particularly the males) that Valentine's Day is very much a "Hallmark holiday," but that they are fools if they do not embrace it fully; even if they think it a capitalist ploy (and even if their sweeties say that they concur), it's safest to play along.

I teach tonight until 9:00 p.m. Thus, I thought ahead. Yesterday, my wonderful wife got home to find a note on the door which read "Since I teach tomorrow evening, I have bribed the day manager down at the Office of Temporal Ordinance; open the door and step 24 hours into the future." I was inside (wearing a nice suit and tie) with flowers and a pair of earrings for Brigheon, romantic music playing, a nice dinner that I was preparing, champagne chilling, fresh strawberries just rinsed, and chocolate melting. Anyway, we had a lovely romantic evening.

I hope that you have a lovely Valentine's Day, regardless of whether you buy into the whole thing or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home