27 March 2006

Car repair advice

You know, the internet is great for allowing word-of-mouth advertising to reach further than ever before. I've noticed a lot of hits on this blog from some pretty interesting search parameters, so I've decided to post a couple of positive experiences that I've had recently in the area of car repair in Tampa.

Last week, we noticed that the brake lights were completely out. For reasons that I'll not go into here, we thought that the problem was electrical (and not merely burned out bulbs). I took my car here:
Meineke Car Care Center at 7302 West Hillsborough Avenue.
The downside was that the mechanic took a three-hour lunch. The upside is that the owner felt so bad that he only charged me ten bucks for the diagnostic and the repair. In fact, he tried to refuse the money completely! The long wait aside, I was impressed.

Last month, I had my radiator blow. I managed to coast into a radiator shop that happened to be half a mile from where the problem occurred. I'd never even noticed the place:
Westside Radiator at 6537 West Hillsborough Avenue.
He replaced my radiator for a good price and had me on the road in a couple of hours. In fact, the job came back LOWER than the written estimate. Big thumbs up.

As I think many have discovered on their own, I avoid Just Brakes like the plague. They always seem to "find" more than is really wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home