26 May 2006

A boycott of one....

One of the benefits of blogs is that they give a global forum to dissatisfied customers. People doing searches for particular companies can find out what the experiences of others have been. Thus, below I have copied a letter that I just sent to Banfield Pet Hospitals (located in PetSmart stores).

To whom it may concern:

I know that when a dissatisfied customer just disappears, it accomplishes nothing for the improvement of the company. Thus, I want to express my discontent.

When I began coming to Banfield, I had been getting my pet medications from 1800petmeds.com. I had a month or two of his meds left from that provider. When I was nearly out of my dog Logan's heartworm meds, I attempted to reorder from 1800petmeds.com. I was told that Banfield refused to provide the necessary approval, even though my dog was up to date on all vaccines and examinations. This is insulting. I assume that the only reason for this is so that Banfield can get my money. You have removed my freedom to choose the supplier of my pet's medications.

Today, I took my dog for his annual boosters and to get heartworm meds. I was kept waiting in the exam room for twenty minutes, even though I had an appointment. I was then told that Logan was not up to date on his heartworm meds, so I would have to pay for a heartworm test. I assured the young woman that he was indeed current on his meds; I had previously gotten his meds before they were absolutely needed. She said that there was nothing that could be done. I was stuck.

It seems to me that Banfield is calling me either a fool or a liar. I will not be insulted again. I am done doing business with Banfield. I will find a veterinarian who treats me with more respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home