31 May 2006

The trials of FTD.com

Another consumer rant:

Earlier in the month, I ordered flowers for my lovely wife. She had never gotten flowers delivered to her place of employment, and the school year was almost over. I went to FTD.com and ordered a really fancy arrangement-- 18 pink roses in a Waterford crystal vase. When it came, I was quite displeased to discover that it was NOT an arrangement. It was a box of roses (which were rather bruised) with the vase in a box. I did not expect to spend that kind of money for a "do it yourself" kit! To make matters worse, the flowers were drooping after three days. FTD's guarantee says that floweres will be fresh for seven days, so I lodged a complaint. I got a very nice email of apology. Sheesh. I wrote back and pointed out that their guarantee states that I will get a refund or replacement. The Waterford vase is lovely, so I made it clear that the flowers were what was at issue. FTD emailed me this morning to tell me that they would deliver fresh flowers to Brigheon's place of employment tomorrow. Wake up, FTD! It's a SCHOOL! They are on summer break! I called and arranged for the delivery to come to my home. In the future, I will ALWAYS deal with a local florist (rather than a national chain or on-line florist).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home