06 April 2006

Who'd a thunk?

I remember last year seeing advertisements for NBC's My Name Is Earl. I turned to my lovely wife and said, "We won't be watching that show!" She agreed. It reeked of redneck, like a narrative Blue Collar TV.

Well, we did watch an episode. And another. And you know what? It's the best new sit-com on television. It has great characters. It has good writing. It has heart. And Nadine Velazquez (Catalina) is damn cute (but nothing, of course, compared to my lovely wife). Jaime Pressly (Joy) is over-rated....

3 Comments:

Blogger phdaisy said...

I like The Office much more!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

I can see that The Office is a great show, but the humor on it makes me very nervous. I empathize too much to enjoy comedy based on embarrassment....

4:00 PM  
Blogger Philip Booth said...

I second Metablogger.

I wasn't hooked on Earl, but Steve Carrell had me at hello. It's the only television I make a point of seeing. It's my second favorite show after Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Both shows feature really annoying protagonists. I wonder what that says about me?

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home