03 March 2007

First cold, then snow

Last month, it got down to around 20 below (twenty-two below at a co-worker's house just south of town); this week, we got slammed with snow. There has been a couple of feet of snow. This would be no big deal, except the plows push what is in the streets to the edge of your property. Thus, we end up with walls like those above. You can see my lovely wife shoveling the snow. She's been great about sharing the work.

The one advantage of all this snow is that I finally got to make my first snowman last Sunday. Nerd that I am, I was not content with the traditional snowman. I made a snow Oscar-- after all, it WAS the day of the Academy Awards. Our friend Bill came over for the Oscars, but he thought I had built a snow King Arthur! He said the sword threw him off. He's a member of the Screen Actors' Guild, and he did not know that the Oscar statue held a sword! I should have painted the whole thing gold....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home