07 October 2007

Better living through chemistry

Okay, I'm not much for the whole holistic medicine field. Many of my friends who are into such things do so at the exclusion of traditional medicine, and I think that is a mistake. I say this to let anyone who finds this entry via a search engine know that I am a skeptic.

That being said, my hips have been hurting every day for months. (Perhaps that's the delayed result of being hit by a car twenty-eight years ago.) Anyway, I did not want to take pain meds for the rest of my life, so I thought I'd try glucosamine this week. The studies that I researched have conflictiong results, but I figured it was worth a try. The effects were almost instantaneous. I have had no hip pain all week. Wow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And WHO, pray tell, encouraged you to take this supplement (and NOT just because she's a distant relative of Eli Lilly)???

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home